We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a nice alternative to the traditional beef and carrot with this beer carrot beef recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1.2 kg of beef roast
- 1 kg of carrots
- 25 cl of dark beer
- 75 cl of veal stock
- 40 g clarified butter
- 1 tbsp. juniper berry
- 3 branches of parsley dish
- Salt pepper
Beef carrots in beer
- Cut the meat into large cubes (or ask your butcher to do it).
- Wash and remove the leaves from the parsley.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrots into sections.
- Pour the veal stock in a saucepan, bring to the boil.
- In a large casserole dish, heat the clarified butter, place the pieces of meat in it. Just brown on all sides, add the carrots and pour in the beer. Bring to a boil and reduce the liquid by half. Add the juniper berries, pour in the veal stock. Season and simmer for 3 hours over low heat. Add the parsley at the end of cooking.
Serve very hot.
Chef's B.A.ba and beef carrots in beer
Chopped potatoes can be added at the same time as the carrots.
To obtain 50 g of clarified butter:
- 1st method: melt 90 g of butter in a bain-marie. Let stand 20 minutes and remove the scum on the surface. Pour the butter into a container, making sure to leave the whey (whitish deposit) at the bottom of the pan.
- 2nd method: melt 90 g of butter in a double boiler, let it cool for a few hours in the refrigerator, the butter will harden (set), you just have to unmold it from the container at the bottom of which will be the casein and the whey you throw away. Rinse it under cold water.
Clarified butter will keep for up to 15 days in an airtight container.
These uses are varied, it can be used to make a sauce, to cook meats, fish or vegetables.
Cooking Words for Beef Carrot with Beer
Clarified butter :
Melted butter then decanted to remove the whey and casein. This butter has the advantage of being able to be heated at high temperature without burning.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan